The opportunities will include all-expense paid trips to one or more industry events where students will assist in the compiling of photos, audio and video and posting of activities on pertinent websites. Interns will learn and develop the use of tools, techniques and technology to gather and distribute information through various social media channels. Per-diem and college credits may also be available.
The events may include, but not be limited to:
• World Pork Expo – Des Moines – June
• InfoAg Expo – Springfield – June
• Farm Progress Show – Decatur – August
• Cattle Industry Convention
• National Biodiesel Conference
• National Ethanol Conference
• National Farm Machinery Show
• Commodity Classic
Students would be required to have some working knowledge of news gathering equipment and technology (i.e., camera, audio recorder, photo and audio editing software, etc.) as well as experience with social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Flickr. Some pre-event training will be provided, but most of it will be “on the job” experience.